Admission Requirements "Live Art Forms"
The following requirements are necessary for admission to the MA Live Art Forms program:
(1) a first professional university degree at least at Bachelor level acquired in
- an artistic or design course, especially in the visual or performing arts, with a standard period of study of at least six semesters at a university, art college, college of drama, music or film, technical college, university of applied sciences or equivalent institution of higher education, or
- a course of study in the humanities, social sciences, political science, or natural sciences, with a standard period of study of at least eight semesters at a university, technical college, or equivalent institution of higher education,
(2) proof of language skills in English: TOEFL 550 (paper-based test) and in German: competence level A1 of the Common European Reference Framework to be submitted until 1 October 2022 and
(3) successful completion of the qualifying examination.
(4) Applicants whose highest degree is BA level must also have at least one year of independent professional experience, which they will be asked to exemplify during the qualifying examination.
To study at the academy, you will need to meet the specified admission requirements. Your application must also include proof of your artistic and creative aptitude in the form of a portfolio and you must take part in an online interview. Applications must be uploaded by June 15th to the online application portal, which will be activated at the start of the application phase on May 15th.
This year we will accept your portfolio and written application documents in digital form only.
Please take note of the information on the application portal.
For orientation, please take note of the information for student applicants Master’s program Live Art Forms
The following documents must be uploaded in English to the academy application portal by 23:59 on June 15th:
Information: You can only upload one single file in PDF format with a maximum of 12 MB per document type. Please name them according to the following scheme: document type _lastname.pdf (example: curriculum vitae_mustermann.pdf).
1 | letter of motivation, one page size DIN A4
2 | description of the work project planned during the course of study and how it will be realized in terms of time and location, on a maximum of 2 pages size DIN A4,
3 | tabular curriculum vitae of no more than two pages size DIN A4,
4 | portrait photo (optional)
5 | university degree diploma
6 | work samples of your own artistic work in the form of a digital portfolio with a maximum length of 40 pages, which can contain a maximum of 5 hyperlinks to time-based documentations of a maximum total length of 15 minutes and a maximum of 3 hyperlinks to web-based projects and apps,
7 | a written statement of authorship for all submitted work
8 | and in case your portfolio contains hyperlinks, a signed statement: "I certify that the artistic works viewable through the hyperlinks listed in the application were created prior to the submission deadline of June 15th, 2021 and will not be altered thereafter."
You can upload your documents to the application portal and print out the online registration form by 23:59 on June 15th 2022. Please e-mail the signed registration form from the online application portal by noon on June 16th 2021, stating your application reference, to email@example.com
We regret that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Important note for applicants: The master's program Live Art Forms is currently still in the process of accreditation, which will be completed soon.
At the present time of application, however, the final result of the accreditation is not yet available and cannot be guaranteed.
The qualifying examinations are a two-stage selection procedure for applicants to the master's program. After the portfolio review, selected applicants will receive an invitation for the online interview. The qualifying examinations are structured as follows
1 | preselection round and portfolio review,
2 | oral examination.
1 | Applicants shall submit some works allowing an assessment of their artistic talent and aptitude in the pre selection round for admission to the practical examination.
2 | Applicants who are assessed as being suitable on the basis of the work submitted for the preselection round shall be admitted to the oral examination. The interviews will be held in English. The date will be communicated via e-mail to applicants admitted to the examination.